Goddess Kali is the most prominent Avatar of Goddess Parvati. The consort of Goddess Parvati in the Avatar of Goddess Kali is Lord Mahakaal. It is said that in order to reach Kali, you have to go through Mahakaal and Shiva, first. This is known to those who are beginning their journey in Tantra. For an instance, if you want to learn Tantra, you have to first pray to Lord Mahakaal so that he allows you to visit Lord Shiva. Once you reach Lord Shiva, he takes you to Goddess Kali. Getting a glimpse of Kali in your heart is not a joke. She is fierce, yet beautiful. She is darkness, yet full of light. One needs to be prepared to meet her and thus, a lot of things are done before proceeding with Kali Vidya.
If you are not looking to be a Tantra practitioner, but you want to protect yourself, there is something known as Kali Kavach for you. You may not, or may, have any knowledge of what a Kali Kavach is, but if something has brought you to this article, it surely means you need the same.
Kali Kavach is brought to us from the Brahma Vaivarta Puran. It was told by Lord Shiva to Lord Vishnu. It is said to be one of the most effective and powerful protection shield for an individual. If you practice Kali Kavach constantly, it builds an unbreakable energy pattern around you. All kinds of enemies, negative energies and evil spirits can be kept away with the help of this Kavach.
Goddess Kali has been known for her temper. When she gets angry, she destructs. She becomes the destroyer of the scariest evils trying to damage the humans, or any being. Devi Kali’s Kavach has the power to protect the worshipper. Whether the worshipper has a fiery enemy or an evil spirit haunting him all throughout his life, Kali Kavach can help him protect himself. Goddess Kali blesses the worshipper looking at his dedication and determination towards her.
ॐ ह्रीं श्रीं क्लीं कालिकायै स्वाहा मे पातु मस्तकम् ।
क्लीं कपालं सदा पातु ह्रीं ह्रीं ह्रीं इति लोचने ।
ॐ ह्रीं त्रिलोचने स्वाहा नासिकां मे सदाऽवतु ।
क्लीं कालिके रक्ष रक्ष स्वाहा दंष्ट्रं सदाऽवतु ।
क्लीं भद्रकालिके स्वाहा पातु मे अधरयुग्मकम् ।
ॐ ह्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं कालिकायै स्वाहा कण्ठं सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ ह्रीं कालिकायै स्वाहा कर्णयुग्मकं सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ क्रीं क्रीं क्लीं काल्यै स्वाहा दंतं पातु माम् सदा मम् ।
ॐ क्रीं भद्रकाल्यै स्वाहा मम वक्षः सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ क्रीं कालिकायै स्वाहा मम नाभिं सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ ह्रीं कालिकायै स्वाहा मम पृष्ठं सदाऽवतु ।
रक्तबीजविनाशिन्यै स्वाहा हस्तौ सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ ह्रीं क्लीं मुण्डमालिन्यै स्वाहा पादौ सदाऽवतु ।
ॐ ह्रीं चामुण्डायै स्वाहा सर्वांगं मे सदाऽवतु ।
- Kali Kavach keeps the worshipper protected for as long as he is worshipping Kali and her protective shield. Goddess Kali has been popular to come for the protection of all those who believe they are weak and surrender to this Goddess. All you have to do is accept your flaws and surrender to this Goddess. The Kavach of this Goddess will begin working when it knows you have fully surrendered to it and started believing in its power. Until then, it will keep testing you.
- Kali Kavach keeps your enemies away from you. Let these enemies be as powerful as they want to be. With the help of this Goddess, you can keep them away. An enemy would always want to destroy you. Even if he is not showing it on your face, he would always be sending negative energies towards you.
- Kali Kavach is not a very popular thing, even though a lot of Kali followers and worshippers are aware of it. Therefore, when you worship the Kavach, it keeps you protected all the very more, knowing that you are one of the very few people who believe in its powers. It is rightly said that the less known or popular things work more, since the entire energy is diverted towards you, and a few other people using the Kavach to protect themselves.
- If you want to protect someone else using this Kavach, you can do the same. Nothing can be more wonderful than having something to protect the one you truly love. Whether it is your husband, wife, child, sister or just a close friend, you can use the Kavach to help them. Just believe in what you are doing and let the other person know that you are doing it for their very own good. However, they should accept what you are offering to them and should not be reluctant towards the Kavach or its energies.
- The most wonderful thing about Kali Kavach is that both the genders can worship the same. While there are some orthodox parts of information that say women can’t worship Goddess Kali, but the truth is that Goddess Kali is a woman herself. She is Shakti and thus, it is not that women cannot worship her or the Kavach. Every woman is a mother, whether she has conceived a child or not. A woman is a particle of Shakti herself, but the only thing is that most of the women do not realize their very own powers. Those who want to invoke Kali in their spine and protect themselves, or someone they deeply adore, can definitely use Kali Kavach.
- There is no harm caused to your enemy. This means you do not enter into any Karmic cycle by causing any harm by using Kali Kavach to protect yourself or someone else.