Yoga is a spiritual practice. The various yoga mudras offer sound healing and pleasing results to the practitioner. One such mudra is the ‘Prana Mudra‘, and this Sanskrit word means ‘Life‘. This mudra is helpful in strengthening all the five pranas in our body as it is the ultimate energy or the essence of life. The mudra ensures optimal flow of the prana, i.e. the vital energy in the body. Practicing this mudra stimulates and activates each cell in the body.
How To Do
Step 1: Close your eyes and concentrate on your breath.
Step 2: Bring your hands up to your sides.
Step 3: Touch the tips of the ring finger and little finger to your thumb.
Step 4: The index and middle finger will remain straight.
Feel the ultimate energy, everytime you inhale and exhale.
- This mudra provides strong metabolism as it strengthens the immune system.
- This mudra is helpful in atherosclerosis, acidity, jaundice and premature aging.
- Concentration and presence of mind both are greatly enhanced by this mudra.
- Helps in controlling habits such as eating and sleeping disorders.
- Any blockage of veins and blood pressure problems are eliminated with the regular practice of this mudra.
- Helps in blood circulation and protects one from exhaustion or fatigue.
- Diseases related to eyes are reduced with the regular practice of Prana mudra.
The Prana mudra should be practiced for 15 to 30 minutes per day. The Prana Mudra should ideally be performed while sitting down in a meditative posture. Practice this mudra at any time of the day for getting fruitful results.